Friday, April 5, 2019

23A – Your Venture’s Unfair Advantage

1. Social Capital: I know many current users of Juuls who have changed how they feel about it
Valuable: Not really
Rare: No
Inimitable: Easily
Non-substitutable: First hand experience gives better understanding


2. Fundraising Experience: Helped raise fund for Environmental club trip abroad through plant sales
Valuable: Somewhat
Rare: No
Inimitable: Through practice and experience
Non-substitutable: I could always hire someone to do it for me, but that would cost me money instead 
of time 


3. Social Capital: Was President of the club I was in during high school so I have leadership experience
Valuable: Somewhat
Rare: Limited
Inimitable: Yes
Non-substitutable: I could always hire someone to do it for me, but that would cost me money instead
 of time 


4. Human Capital: Being in college there are many who will help to build up a place that is helping
 students steer off a nicotine addiction from Juuls
Valuable: Yes
Rare: Somewhat
Inimitable: Maybe
Non-substitutable: Having acquaintances helps to build on what I need without finding people


5. Organization: I can build easy to understand directions and tasks to be done and place appropriate 
people for the job
Valuable: Yes
Rare: No
Inimitable: Yes
Non-substitutable: I could always hire someone to do it for me, but that would cost me money instead
 of time 


6. Non competitive business: No one is looking to fight others on getting them help and info on
 nicotine addiction
Valuable: Somewhat
Rare: Somewhat
Inimitable: Yes
Non-substitutable: Its up to time before people start to push for reform and help with the future issue 
that will appear.


7. Trust: Many know me for finish what I set out to do and getting what needs to be done completed.
Valuable: Yes
Rare: Yes
Inimitable: No
Non-substitutable: Trust is fundamental to making connections that last and knowing that person is 
able to complete what you wanted.


8. Experience assisting: I was a TA in high school helping to grade papers and run errands for what 
needed to be done
Valuable: Yes
Rare: Somewhat
Inimitable: Yes
Non-substitutable: I could always hire someone to do it for me, but that would cost me money instead
 of time 

9. Social experience: Having previously tried Juuls with friends due to the hype and positive
 reinforcement for it
Valuable: Yes
Rare: No
Inimitable: Yes
Non-substitutable: Having previously been in a situation similar to what most of my target audience 
has gone through lets me be more personal in connection with them.


10. Fundraising Experience: Raised money for animal science program through car washes
Valuable: Yes
Rare: No
Inimitable: Yes
Non-substitutable: Having done a few varying things that involve handling money lets me have better
 skills when it will come to handling money for the business.

Of all the resources I put down I think the one that will help me the most is trust, because it is the basis
 for which connections are made. Without trust then the relationships you make that can help build up
the business are rocky and filled with uncertainty.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alina!
    I think your personal experience is extremely beneficial to tackling this problem. Getting people the help they need to ensure they live happier and healthier lives is a necessity and obligation. Your drive and dedication will help out, but your entrepreneurial success is most important. Your personality traits are great for an entrepreneur and it will show in your successful business plan. Great job!

    ReplyDelete