Friday, April 12, 2019

28A – Your Exit Strategy

1) Identify the exit strategy you plan to make. Do you intend to sell your business in the next 5 years for a large return? Do you intend to stay with the business for several decades and retire? Do you intend to protect the venture as a family business, and pass it down to your children?
 - In the next 5 years Juuls and nicotine use with still be very prevalent and more will need help by then to overcome their addictions and get better. Perhaps if I grow to old to handle the business then I will hand it down to a trust worthy person who I know will take care of it and continue the mission that I started when building it. And from then on maybe even after I'm long gone it will continue to stand.


2) Why have you selected this particular exit strategy?
 I have chosen this exit strategy because I never liked the idea of parting with things close to me, Id rather have it handed down to people close to me who I know can make it flourish. And so that I can continue to see it in a form that doesn't make me sad. I cant imagine selling off a business I raised for money so easily. But I know I will grow old and be unable to watch over everything I own forever so preparations toward a successor would be necessary.


3) How do you think your exit strategy has influenced the other decisions you've made in your concept? For instance, has it influenced how you have identified an opportunity? Has it influenced your growth intentions or how you plan to acquire and use resources?
- My exit strategy doesn't affect much other then finding talented people who can be nurtured to become pillar for the future of the business once I would leave. Nothing in the business apart from who will run it in the future has changed. Perhaps preparing resources for the future may be in order if they wish to modernize more and find a different path for the business.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aliana, you make a great point as to how over use of Juuling may be at its peak. I could argue that you should hold off selling your company off for a few years until after it is at its epitome of demand. That being said, I think people will be understanding of the real problem and more willing to come off of the Juul 5 years down the line. Nice job

    ReplyDelete