Friday, April 12, 2019

27A – Reading Reflection No. 3

You read about an entrepreneur: The Wright Brothers, David McCullough
 
What surprised you the most? -I remember learning about them in school but I didn't remember much other than they built the first planes, before the book I always thought the were from the UK not America.

What about the entrepreneur did you most admire?
-Its always inspiring hearing stories of true people who went out of their way to create great things from humble beginnings. Having no more than a public high school education, little money and no contacts in high places, never stopped them in their “mission” to take to the air. Working so hard to create something they wanted that they even risked death each time doing so.
 
What about the entrepreneur did you least admire?
- Even though your building something you really really want its hard to justify putting your life in such great risk still. But things were different back then and that was the norm of how things got done.
 
Did the entrepreneur encounter adversity and failure? If so, what did they do about it?
-They spent ten years of adjustments and crafting in their pursuit of flying. Because of an injury they had a bunch of time and started their journey to change the world. Starting from gliders and moving forward from there.
  
What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited? 
 - They wanted to be loyal to the land they loved and lived in but when no one in the U.S wanted to show interest in them, they moved on to new ventures in France where they would be interested.

 Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
 -How all the mechanics and stuff worked for them.

If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why?
- I would ask If they were ever afraid of heights? and How far they thought flying machines would go.
 
For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur's opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion?
 -I do share their opinion on hard work but I think devoting myself so far as to constantly risk my life is a little out there for me.

1 comment:

  1. Aliana, I did not choose to read this book over the course of the semester, however it is definitely one of the biographies that peaked my interest so it was nice to read your post and gather a little bit more understanding of these two brothers. I too thought that the Wright brothers were American so I found that to be very interesting. Overall, I thought that you post was done very well and your responses demonstrated a good understanding of the material. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete